Hello! Today I have put together a selection of my favourite vegan drink and food options for some of the UK high street coffee shop chains. I have done it in a convenient list style so you can easily navigate between the options. Enjoy!
Before I start, I ought to mention that I much prefer going to independent coffee shops and supporting local and independent business. They generally have a huge array of vegan options and the quality is always top notch. When I was in sixth form, I used to work in an independent coffee shop and I have a huge love for properly crafted coffee and I would rather spend my money here.
However, it is not always possible to go to an independent coffee shop. So, here are all of the vegan options I go for when out and about!
- Coconut Milk Latte
- Soya Hot Chocolate
- Matcha Latte with dairy free milk alternative
- Dairy free chocolate chia pot- Topped with blueberries and pomegranate seeds.
- Vegan mac & greens
- Vegan ragu and red pepper hot wrap
- Soya cappuccino (Their coffee is delicious!)
- Coconut latte: Sadly it costs 40p extra so I tend to go elsewhere. I really do not understand this extra charge, even if it is only 40p.
- Iced vanilla latte with soya milk
- Vegan oaty jam bake: It is so good guys! The only downside is that it is put with the other cakes so there is a risk of cross contamination. I only buy it when I can see it is clearly separated, but it still is a risk.
I find Costa still really lacks a lot of food options for vegans so this is honestly the only edible thing I buy. I do not like the taste of the other vegan cakes they have so I stick to this one!
- Oat milk hot chocolate
- Iced almond milk mocha
- Iced peach green tea lemonade
- Five grain oatmeal (dairy free version) topped with strawberry jam. It is such a yummy breakfast!
- Soya cappuccino
- Soya mocha: no cream or sprinkles
- All fruit and herbal teas
- Sweet potato falafel and beetroot houmous wrap
- Apple and blackcurrent crumble
- Bear yo-yos (I feel like a child when i get these but i insist you try them, they’re amazing)
These are pretty much all of the chain coffee shops I go to! Hopefully this has given you a little idea of what options are available to you as a vegan! Let me know if you try any of these combos! Thanks for reading!